A major Malaysian leisure and hospitality player with a 50-year heritage reached out to PEOL Technologies to streamline and transform their procurement & budgeting processes using Ariba Buyer Integration.
Their specific challenges were:
- Budget allocation – The budget allocation process was ad-hoc and allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis to requesting departments.
- Approval process – There was no well-defined approval process for budget approval, budget release and exception approval for exceeding budgeted spend.
- Spend control & compliance – The departments had no view or understanding of spend limits to ensure that spends were within department-specific allocated budget
- We had multiple workshops with client & based on that designed the to-be business processes:
- Approval work flows for budget approval, budget release, & exceeding budget
- Real-time project tracking & reporting features for tracking consumption vs allocated budget and capturing the status of the project
- We planned for and executed:
- System configuration to map the business process.
- SAP PS Budgeting setup to cater to system requirements
- SAP MM End to End procurement setup for Materials and Services
- Budget Check feature for Ariba Buyer integration
- SAP PI E2E setup for Purchase Requisition integration with Ariba
- SAP PS Budgeting Integration with Ariba using SAP PI Custom mappings
A very happy customer with:
- Standardized processes for all budgeting activities reducing manual storage and reporting.
- Seamless approval flows for budget from its initiation through different phases of transfers, returns or supplements reducing paper work and delay in manual process of approvals
- Spend tracking and control compliance through standardized setup of budget check during consumption
- Online report availability to track spends across projects, monitor in an efficient, and error free process.