One of the most respected IT Services firms in the world was having problems with an internal facing portal. The portal was heavy duty – but needed human resources to enter data through a laptop.
The client wanted us to make the portal accessible through a mobile app – ‘appify’ it – so that human intervention is minimized while optimizing output with minimum use of resources.
PEOL Technologies orchestrated a team of architects, product development specialists, & developers. The goal was to have data entry only once and over a smartphone by the user at a time & place of their convenience creating an app that’s cross-platform & cross-device compatible.
After multiple conversations with customer process expert & users, we created an existing & post go-live process flow for the customer; did a custom implementation of SAP BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) module.
- After talking with the customer process experts & users – we collected data on every process used in the portal: frequency of use, type of data used, business functions affected, type of output and scale of output/process.
- We analysed and brainstormed to create an app that satisfies all requirements optimally. The specs were:
- Front End: Simple UI to be made using HTML and BootStrap2.
- Back End: A robust back end with SAP database to store all the processed data
- We integrated the new system in place of the old portal by a classic migration procedure without hampering any existing data.
- We trained the employees to get hands on experience in using the new application under various scenarios.
A very happy customer with:
- The new application was cross platform supportive, cross device supportive with least human dependency and remotely accessible built in less than 2 months
- An app that provides classical BYOD benefits by adhering to all BYOD principles
- Employees accessing important portal anytime and anywhere